Friday, April 15, 2016

View from a Window post 3

Well, today I had a wonderful time painting the hills, worked on the tree a little, and painted the barn. Since this is all from my imagination, I have to pick colors myself. I keep an interior color chip chart on the wall of my studio for just such an occasion. I like to pick colors that people use for their interiors so the painting will go well with their walls. After all, the ultimate goal is for this painting to be enjoyed by someone, and have it hanging on their wall. NOT collecting dust in my studio for years. So, here is the next few steps in the painting. I don't want a big dark hole in the middle of the painting where the barn door opening is. So, I've decided I will hang a lantern in the barn and have it illuminate the inside of the barn so there will be more details inside it. The trick here is for the light in the barn to not be brighter than the sunset, or maybe it should be. That would shift the interest to the barn, away from the sunset. Hmmmmm? I've still got to decide if I want a cow or horse on the other side of the fence. If you could vote, what would you vote for? A horse or cow? Drop me a message or email and let me know. Thanks for reading! OH! I bet you want to see the painting. Okay, here ya go.

 Until next time, be safe and God Bless!
Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment